SDG (Sámi Center for Contemporary Art) announces the Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program. Named after the late Sami artist Iver Jåks, this international artist in residence program offers an upto two months residency in Karasjok, Norway.
Sámi Center for Contemporary Art offers a residency to professional
visual artists of all fields. The aim is to strengthen, promote and
develop a collaboration between contemporary artists in Sápmi and
We offer a 1 or 2 months residency with free rent. The residency
program will pay tickets for travelling to and back Karasjok, and a
grant, 800 Euros pr month.
Please send an application letter, an updated curriculum vitae and a selected digital portfolio (max 7 photo’s / 50mb / mp3 fils) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions for Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
1. Professional visual artists are eligible to apply for Iver Jåks Residency Program
2. Iver Jåks Residency Program offers a residency period for up to two months (minimum 1 month) in Karasjok, Norway.
3. The application must include a letter of explanation for applying the program, curriculum vitae and a digital portfolio(max 7 photo’s / 50mb / mp3 fils, no Zip).
Applications are only received digitally. Send your application to email@example.com
4.Quality of artistic practice and motivation for stay is the exclusive selection criteria. Choice of artist will not be motivated or justified, and cannot be questioned.
5. Sami Center for Contemporary Art administers the residency program and is the host during the residency period.
6. The combined apartment and atelier in Karasjok will function as living and working space for the artist in residence.
7. A contract between selected artist and Sámi Center for Contemporary Art will be organized, detailing residency conditions.
8. For questions and more information: Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +47 902 44 062.
Deadline is for 2016 is 1st of Dec. 2015.
Photo: Sami Center for Contemporary Art, Karasjok, Kjell Harald Sæther